Coaching Together: 3 Stage Coaching Approach
There is a lack of consistency in what the Coaching market offers. This can make it difficult for buyers to be certain that what they are buying is appropriate for their needs. We have developed a three S approach to maximise clarity for buyers, sponsors and coachees.
Buyer: The person with whom we contract for services. This could be HR, a business leader or the coachee.
Sponsor: The person who has approved the spend. This could be a line-manager, a business leader or the coachee.
Coachee: The person(s) in receipt of the Coaching.
The 3 S Model comprises:
1: Sharing our approach to coaching
Distinctive features of our approach include:
- Our clients are the experts on themselves, their behaviours and how they can engage in new behaviours most effectively.
- We will suggest numerous possibilities for your consideration.
- Our role is not to tell you what to do; it is to create possibilities with you.
- We will observe and listen to offer feedback on what you may not see and hear, what you feel and why you feel it.
- Our clients are capable of realising more of their potential.
- We will show positive regard and cultural sensitivity for all of our clients.
2: Scoping our service proposition
We believe that our coaching will have maximum impact if we understand what buyers, stakeholders and coachees want to achieve and our clients have a clear overview of how we will do this. This allows us to create a tailored approach to each engagement. For everyone involved, this provides a clear overview of what the coaching will involve. With your help and at no cost to you, we will create a service proposition that clearly sets out our proposition for you.
3: Safety for individual coachees and teams
Coaching is carried out in confidence. It is non-judgmental because it encourages thinking in new ways, sharing feelings, exploring behaviours and taking risks. These factors will be inhibited unless coachees are comfortable with the coach. We test this relationship by meeting and asking for feedback from all coachees, before the coaching work starts.